Avrohm Wisenberg Scholarships
2022 CIC/CRM Memorial Scholarships
TSLA is once again awarding CIC and CRM scholarships in memory of Avrohm Wisenberg this year. These scholarships are generously donated to us by the Society of CIC. Please nominate a deserving individual in your office for one of the CIC or CRM scholarships that the TSLA awards each year.
The nomination application is linked below on this page. Please circulate this web page around your departments, so that your supervisors can determine who they want to nominate. Individuals may also nominate themselves.
This is a great way to reward an employee for a job well done!
This application deadline to apply is September 02, 2022.
The Executive Committee will be selecting the recipients. Each recipient will receive a complimentary invitation to the 2022 Annual Meeting being held in Austin in November. In addition, each recipient receives a $100 cash award upon completion & passing of his or her course.
The Education Committee will mentor the winners so that they will be encouraged to take the classes and continue on with their designations. This is a great opportunity given to us by the Society, and we need our winners to take the classes.
If you have any questions with regard to the application, please call Jean at (512)343-9058 or email her at email@example.com.
About the Scholarships
- Two annual individual scholarships will provide full tuition to one CIC course or one CRM course needed to obtain the CIC/CRM designations.
- Candidates must complete a Scholarship Nomination Form to be submitted to TSLA for consideration.
- Scholarship candidates must have a minimum of two years full-time experience in the insurance industry and be currently working for a TSLA member wholesale agency.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to professional continuing education and be able to invest the time and additional expenses necessary to complete the course.
- Candidates may not already be, nor ever have been a CIC or CRM. Primary consideration will be given to those who have not previously attended either program.
- The scholarships may be used for Texas CIC Institutes or CRM Courses only and must be used by December 31, 2023.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by October 2022. The scholarships will be presented during the 2022 Annual Meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas, November 13-14, 2022. Winners will receive complimentary registrations from TSLA. In addition, recipients will each receive a $100 cash award from TSLA upon completion & passing of their course.
Texas Surplus Lines Association
The mission of the Texas Surplus Lines Association (TSLA), Inc. is to promote the general business and well-being of its membership, to protect the public and its trust in the business of insurance through the promotion of financially sound, ethical, authorized and eligible markets within the State of Texas and to encourage compliance with the general provisions of the Texas Insurance Code, as they relate to excess and surplus lines insurance.
Society of Certified Insurance Counselors
It is the mission of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors, (CIC) to provide insurance and risk management professionals with an excellent, comprehensive and integrated continuing education system of practical value. To further that mission, the Society has made a commitment to excellence through responsibility, to superior curricula and outstanding faculty, to the highest standards of integrity, to the promotion of personal and profes-sional developments, and to affordable and readily available education programs. To become a CIC, individuals must attend five two-and-one half day institutes covering all aspects of the insurance indus-try and pass five rigorous examinations.
Society of Certified Risk Managers
The CRM designation is the most widely renowned designation in the Risk Management industry. It is a formal and practical education of corporate risk management practices.
Avrohm Wisenberg believed in education. More than that, he lived his commitment to professional excellence and then worked tirelessly to share it with his colleagues. From his support of basic research to his conviction that every individual in the insurance business must find a path for continual growth, Avrohm was a model for his peers. We are pleased to have established two annual scholarships in the name of Avrohm Wisenberg - student, teacher, mentor, and friend.
William T. Hold, Ph.D., CIC
President, society of CIC